Preview books any time, August sale during South Jeff Bargain Days, Fri/Sat. 9AM. Congrats to our South Jefferson Graduates- Class of 2022!
Check out our summer programming make and take and self-directed story projects themed Oceans of Possibilities. Summer hours began on June 25, 2022.
Importance of Summer Reading
A research brief on summer reading and public library summer reading programs
Goals of Summer Reading at New York Libraries
- Advance literacy and academic performance by engaging children and teens in reading and reading-related activities during the summer months.
- Foster a love of reading through public library programs and services.
- Increase successful reading experiences through librarian-supported, self-selected, voluntary reading.
- Involve parents and all family members in the library summer reading experience.
- Improve children’s access to library materials and activities, which will encourage them to become lifelong library users.
- Increase the number of children and teens participating in public library summer reading programs.
We would like to thank the Northern New York Community Foundation for supporting our goal in awarding us $4500 towards new computers and technology. We are so grateful for their generous gift and look forward to using it to enhance the lives of our patrons. We are also offering one-on-one basic computer skills teaching. Call for an appointment with either Jaye or Karen. We are excited to offer this new service to those just starting out with technology.